What is Internal
Internal is the quickest and most efficient method to create and manage internal tools without using code or SQL. Internal allows engineering teams to delegate the creation and maintenance of internal tools to other teams, freeing up valuable engineering time for higher-value initiatives. Internal, sometimes known as Internal Enterprise, is a no-code business solution development platform that enables companies to create internal tools without the need for engineers or developers. It aids in the development of an internal tool platform that enables the creation of strong internal tools on top of databases, APIs, and business applications in a faster and more collaborative manner. The new no-code platform supports an app builder, data access restrictions, on-premises hosting, and new developer tools, among other features. It integrates with existing systems to manage a company’s databases, APIs, and business apps such as Salesforce or Zendesk, as well as Google Sheets. Platform Approval Queues: A tool may be rapidly created to approve photographs, new users, orders, or any other thing. Create an item queue, display any data required for approval, and connect buttons or forms to modify. Ticket Triaging: The user may get order information, transactional data, and payment information all in one spot. Add action buttons and forms that are connected to databases and payment systems to manage and amend orders, handle refunds, and process cancellations. Client Onboarding: Users may create a tool to organize integration and see real-time progress via dynamic charts. Use dynamic buttons to do different actions depending on the onboarding phase and bulk import or file upload components to quickly add new data or documents. Data Mapping Tools: Any data processing task that comes to mind may be turned into a tool by users. Connect data from several sources, link two records, or make a new record that has both values. Customer Support Apps: People may create a 360-degree image of users by pulling data from databases, Zendesk, and even HTTP requests. Users can search for actions taken such as feature flags flipper, subscriptions change, support tickets, and user information update. Orders and Refunds: Users may access order information, transactional data, and payment information all in one spot. Add action buttons and forms that are connected to business databases and payment systems to manage and amend orders, handle refunds, and process cancellations. The most prevalent Internal industries include Healthcare & Life Science, Education, Retail, Insurance, Infrastructure, Transport, Farming, Agriculture, Consumer Goods, etc. Internal is on a project to provide an internal tool platform that grows with the organization, its products, and procedures while also assisting users in meeting their promises to secure customers’ data.
What Internal can Offer
- Any data source can access, and Internal connects to practically any database or API, allowing users to import data from anywhere and access it through Internal.
- Internal is as complicated as the user desires. It’ll operate as a drag-and-drop editor right out of the box, but developers may also build custom code and use it in Internal.
- With a large amount of data comes the need for strong security, and Internal has users covered.
- Internal allows users to add stages and triggers to workflows so that they can quickly see how internal processes function.
- The Internal visual editor may be used by anyone with no coding or design skills to create processes that are best suited to the company and its data.
- View and integrate data from Airtable and other sources with ease.
- Create a frontend with field-by-field user rights to access and change the databases in a controlled manner.
- View and integrate data from Sheets with data from other sources with ease.
- Create a frontend with column-by-column user rights to read and change Sheets in a controlled way.
- This feature set is frequently used by users to supply environment-specific API keys and URLs.